Monday, January 14, 2013

Cake Pan Tam!

I am normally not much of a hat person. I like hats, and actually find many patterns that I want to make. Inevitably, though, I don't like the finished product. Either it doesn't fit my big head, or looks ridiculous on me. For Christmas, I had made the Corinthian tam for my sister, and I've been thinking about tams and berets a lot recently, but have been unconvinced that they'd work for me. When I heard that cold(er) weather was around the corner, though, I had to quit stalling and make a hat.
First, I scored the yarn with a 50% off coupon at Michaels. Second, this hat only took about 4 hours, which is not too bad for an adult hat. Third, I blocked this hat at 12:30 am, and because I was too lazy (and cold) to go to the kitchen to find a proper plate to block it on, I used a cake pan I had in my bedroom. (Doesn't everyone keep cake pans in their bedroom?) I should mention that at that point in the night, I either get really sleepy or really silly. Definitely a silly kind of night.

By the next morning, my  hat was blocked, dried and ready to go! Even though I was a bit sleepy and still had wet hair, I was actually pretty happy with how it turned out. :0)

1 comment: